Monday, February 22, 2010

I've been quilting!

I've always wanted to learn how to quilt and thanks to Relief Society enrichment class, I finally did! I always look forward to each month for the next class. I always leave that Saturday open so I can go. I really love the lady that teaches the class; she is such a sweet lady and she says that she's no expert, but her quilts are always awesome! The top quilt was my first quilt.
This quilt I'm still working on, all I have to do is cut the material for the backing and quilt it with the batting together. This one is my favorite because it's Mary Englebright, I just love her patterns and colors.
This one is a wall hanging that I made last month. I've also made a table runner, 2 tote bags, which I gave one to Sharon, and another small wall hanging or it could be a pillow top.
There is this lady in our ward that made her husband a handmade tie and thought that it was a good idea, so I made these for Bryon and Josh. I found out that I really enjoy sewing. I think next I'll try to make a skirt or purse.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Keith said...

Those quilts look awesome. The ties are cool too.

Rachel said...

I'm impressed, those look great! I've always wanted to make a quilt. And sewing is fun, I agree.